- University of Georgia School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2015
- University of Georgia, International Affairs, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, Dean’s List, 2012
- Georgia Bar Admission, 2015
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 2016
- Court of Appeals of Georgia, 2016
- Northern District Court of Georgia, 2016
Whitney Judson is a skilled litigator who focuses her practice on defending physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals against medical malpractice claims. Whitney’s practice also includes general liability defense, including premises liability, negligence claims, automobile liability, and rideshare litigation.Whitney has experience managing large, complex litigation matters, ensuring that the rights and interests of her clients are protected. In her practice, she currently manages the discovery processes on her cases and drafts and successfully argues motions on behalf of her clients. Whitney has experience independently trying cases, and has achieved judgments for the defendant each time. Whitney recently argued and won a Motion to Dismiss on behalf of a defendant motorist in a plaintiff-friendly venue.
Whitney currently manages a number of general liability matters where she plays a key role in the defensive litigation process from the time her client’s Answer is filed until final resolution of the matter. She is responsible for meeting all litigation deadlines, appearing at court hearings to advocate on behalf of her clients, taking and defending depositions, and handling the trial of the matter, if necessary.
In law school, Whitney was an active member of the UGA Law Mock Trial Team, where her team won several national trial competitions. While competing in national tournaments, Whitney earned the “Best Closing Argument” award several times. At UGA Law, Whitney also served on the editorial board of the Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law, was a member of the National Order of Barristers, served as President of the Black Law Students Association, and worked as a student prosecutor in the Barrow County, Georgia Office of the District Attorney.
Outside of her law practice, Whitney dedicates herself to active service to the Atlanta community. She is the founder of a non-profit organization that offers college scholarships to high school students and she has served as a volunteer mock trial coach and mentor to students at Spelman College. Whitney is also a board member of the UGA Law Young Alumni Counsel, a member of the Joseph Henry Lumpkin Inn of Court, a member of the Dogwood City Chapter of the Links, incorporated, and a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated.
PROFESSIONAL + COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- State Bar of Georgia, member
- Spelman College’s Mock Trial Team, coach
- Sandy Creek High School Alumni Association, founder and board member
- Ice Cream MELTS, board member of non-profit organization that focuses on mental health and suicide prevention
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Selected by peers for the 28th Edition of The Best Lawyers Ones to Watch© (2022).