- University of Georgia School of Law, Juris Doctorate, graduated with honors, 2014
- Wake Forest University, Economics, 2009
- Georgia Superior/State Courts of GA (2014)
- Court of Appeals of GA (2014)
- Supreme Court of GA (2014)
- Southern District Court of GA (2014)
- Northern District Court of GA (2014)
- Middle District Court of GA (2014)
- U.S. Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals (2019)
Since entering private practice in 2014, Sam has primarily dedicated his practice to defending physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals, who devote their lives to improving the health of others.Following graduation from the University of Georgia School of Law with honors in 2014, Sam joined a civil defense firm in Augusta, Georgia and gained valuable experience litigating complex medical malpractice actions. Sam moved to Atlanta, Georgia in 2017 where he continued his focus on medical malpractice litigation, but also broadened his practice to include general liability claims of all types. In addition to practicing in the area of medical malpractice defense, Sam has extensive experience litigating general liability claims, including automobile, trucking, premises, and negligent security claims.
During law school, Sam was an active member of the UGA Law Mock Trial Team. Sam competed in the National Trial Competition in 2014, and served as treasurer of the organization from 2013-2014. He also worked as a student prosecutor in the Walton County District Attorney’s Office. In addition to these advocacy activities, Sam served as a notes editor of the Journal of Intellectual Property Law and was a member of the Orr Inn of Court.
In his free time, Sam enjoys playing guitar and piano, singing, playing golf, spending time with his wife Sarah and son Sammy, and cheering on his Demon Deacons and Dawgs.
PROFESSIONAL + COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- State Bar of Georgia, member
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association (GDLA), member
- Atlanta Bar Association, member
- Regional National Trial Competition, volunteer judge, 2017
- J. Melvin England Mock Trial Competition, Quarter Finals, volunteer judge (2017)
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers Ones to Watch© (2021, 2022)
- ALM/Daily Report Article in Print, 7/9/2018