- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, J.D., 1984
- Order of Barristers
- Chairman: Moot Court Board (1983-84)
- University of Virginia, B.A., 1980
Wayne McGrew, III
Tel: (404) 410-8530V-Card
Wayne D. McGrew, III (Dan) is an AV-rated trial lawyer who was inducted as a fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers in 2013. The membership of the College cannot exceed one percent of the total lawyer population of any state.Since 2008, Mr. McGrew has been an honoree on the Georgia Super Lawyers® List in Atlanta Magazine/Law and Politics magazine. In 2020, he was voted by his peers as a top 100 lawyer in the State of Georgia. He has also been selected by his peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America®, also since 2008. He is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, the Council of Litigation Management, Defense Research Institute, Litigation Counsel of American, and the Professional Liability Underwriting Society.
Mr. McGrew has over 37 years of experience in civil trial work. He specializes in medical malpractice and healthcare defense, dental malpractice defense, nursing home liability, products liability, premises liability, and motor vehicle/trucking claims. He represents companies, individuals, doctors, nurses, and healthcare groups with their litigation needs in the State, Superior, and Federal Courts in Georgia. Mr. McGrew has tried over 100 cases to conclusion and has been successful in prevailing in arguments before the Georgia Court of Appeals, the Georgia Supreme Court and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. He is regularly called upon by his clients to provide assistance with compliance issues, preventative risk management strategies, educational seminars, and defense of other litigation matters.
Mr. McGrew received his BA in American Government and Politics from The University of Virginia in 1980. He earned his law degree from The Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University in 1984. While there, he was selected into The Order of the Barristers, served on the Mercer Intra-State Moot Court team, and was the Chairman of the Moot Court Board.
Mr. McGrew has been married to his wife, Jody, for 35 years. They have 3 wonderful children: Farley (31) and her new husband Matt, Dan IV (30), and Jack (26). The McGrews are involved in numerous Atlanta charities. They love the outdoors, hiking, water sports, and being with family and friends.
PROFESSIONAL + COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Defense Research Institute
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Georgia Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- 2017 and 2018 Atlanta Medical Center Orthopedic Residency Program, featured speaker
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers (2013 – present)
- Super Lawyers®, Georgia Super Lawyer - Professional Liability Defense (2008 – present)
- Super Lawyers®, Georgia Super Lawyer - Top 100 Honoree (2022, 2023)
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent rated
- The Best Lawyers in America® “Best Lawyers” (2008-present, 2022)
- ALM / The Daily Report “Best Mentor Award”, 2018