- University of Alabama, School of Law, J.D., 2000
- University of Georgia, B.A., 1997, cum laude
- Georgia, 2000
- State Court
- Superior Court
- Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court
- Northern District (GA)
- Middle District (GA)
- Southern District (GA)
Over the better part of twenty years, Spencer Bomar has committed himself to defending medical providers involved in challenging medical malpractice lawsuits in multiple specialties of medicine.He has also defended general liability suits, including products liability, premises liability, and automobile liability cases. In 2019, he, along with Dan McGrew, Heather Miller, and Andrew Bagley, formed McGrew Miller Bomar & Bagley, LLC, where he is currently a name partner.
Spencer, a ninth generation Georgian, was born and raised in Marietta (Cobb County), Georgia. His parents, a lawyer and a schoolteacher, instilled the values of honesty, civility, and dignity in him from an early age. Following high school, Spencer left for North Carolina to play NCAA Division I tennis on scholarship. After two years, however, he returned home to the University of Georgia and graduated with a degree in political science. After earning his undergraduate degree, and having witnessed his father’s distinguished law career in the Georgia Attorney General’s Office, Spencer decided to attend law school at the University of Alabama.
After law school, Spencer returned to Atlanta to begin practicing law. Since 2000, Spencer has represented civil defendants in more than 20 trials throughout Georgia. He has helped guide clients through complex litigation, arbitration, mediation, and administrative health care matters. Over this time, he developed important relationships with clients, their insurers, other lawyers, judges, and opponents, alike. Spencer’s approach to practice is direct, deliberate, and detail oriented. As a result, peer reviews have awarded him with a Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating, the highest possible rating for both legal ability and ethical standards. He has also been repeatedly nominated to Super Lawyers®, as a Georgia Rising Star and as a Georgia Super Lawyer, as well as selection to The Best Lawyers in America©.
Spencer is married to his wife, DeAnn, who is also a lawyer. They have one child. Spencer is a member of the College of Elders, Presbyterian Church USA, and Peachtree Presbyterian Church in Atlanta. Spencer enjoys traveling, reading non-fiction, studying history, and following Georgia football.
PROFESSIONAL + COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Georgia Bar Association, Member
- Atlanta Bar Association, Member
- Former Vice President and Secretary of the Atlanta Chapter of Claim and Litigation Management Alliance
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta, Member
- Georgia Society of Healthcare Risk Managers
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rated
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America© for work in Litigation Insurance (2020), and in Medical Malpractice Law Defense (2021, 2022)
- Super Lawyers®, Georgia Super Lawyer (2019 - 2021)
- Premier 100, National Academy of Jurisprudence (2015)
- Super Lawyers®, Georgia Rising Star (2007, 2009,